Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Monday, June 11, 2012

So here I am in June, and again, a lot has happened since the last post.  First of all, I am committing to updating this blog at least once a week, more often if I have time (in fact it's on my calendar for every Monday now). 
Soooooo,,, I have decided to move in a different direction from being a fashion consultant for CAbi.  I am taking a health coach certification class (more on that later), have started to feel better hormonally (more on that later too), and am feeling sooo much better in general.  As of yesterday, my weight scale has finally started to move in a downward direction, yahooooooooooo!!!!  I am walking or riding my bike or weight training or doing yoga, moving my body in some way every single day.  Before cancer, I would do 30 min's of exercise about 3-4 days a week and call it good.  If I ate soundly (if i even knew what that meant) 40% of the time, that was good enough.  Good enough isn't good enough any more, I now know the consequences of cutting myself short, and they're not fun.
Just got back from a 3 day holistic life coach program in NYC and it was awesome!  I truly feel that I am going to find my way back to health, the real deal this time, and in doing so will be able to turn that around and help others who are where I was.  Cancer wasn't fun, and I wouldn't have chosen that as my path, but I can't regret what it has taught me.  I feel,,, expanded, if that makes sensee. My heart feels bigger, my soul feels deeper and my consciousness has grown.  I am learning to trust my intuition, to have faith in what I can't yet see or feel, and to connect with God in a way that I never did before.  I am blessed, and every single day I know that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment