Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Finding others like me ...

Just had to share this Tedx video I just saw.  Really spoke to me in a profound way ,,, she's telling her own story and we're all different, but it's like she was also telling my story.

Take a look:

Glennon Melton

I found her through another post on her website, which if you're interested is:
http://momastery.com

She's a recovering bulimic, alcholic and drug addict, who it also sounds like has discovered she's an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person).

One of the things I love about how she presents herself and talks, is that it's obvious she's in the same 12-step recovery program I am because of some of the vernacular she uses.  But she doesn't just quote from a book, she uses her own words.  I love that, it's kind of rare.

An acceptance of things just as they are, has been washing over me lately.  It feels a little like waking after a long nap where you were dreaming vividly, thinking your dreamworld was real.  Then you wake, look around you and what you see isn't necessarily bad compared to the dreamworld, it's just different.  And at first you think this real world is the dream, but in time you come to recognize that this is, in fact, what's real.  When I drank, and my whole life prior to 19 months ago revolved around drinking to feel, not feel, plug-in, unplug, celebrate, grieve, etc., that felt like some kind of dreamworld - But I thought it, and everything in it, was real.  So odd sometimes, and yet really grounding & serene, to realize this is real, that was not.  No more blackouts, no more gaps in my memory that made me feel sometimes like I was literally going insane.  I may not always remember clearly what happened two weeks ago, I am 51 years old after all.  But I wake up each and every day remembering what happened last night, who I spoke to and what I said/didn't say, did/didn't do.  And the grace that I feel erupting inside me every day from that alone is something I could never have expected when I lived in that dream world, so desperately wanting grace and having no idea how or where to look for it.

I am blessed - thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment