Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Sunday, August 17, 2014

I woke up this morning feeling very happy, content - for no particular reason, but I haven't felt this way in some time.  I slept really well, Bella beside me all night as I lock her in now so she can't wake me all night barking at raccoons, foxes, cats or whatever else seems to disturb her at 3am.  Don't think I had a night sweat all night, and that alone was a blessing.

I can't help but wonder at the significance of finding this flower blooming beside my driveway last night.
I thought it was a weed, it's certainly not something I planted there.  After much discussion on Facebook and googling, I believe it is a night blooming Moon Flower.  In the light of day, it's no longer blooming, which explains why I've never noticed it before - I don't go out much at night.

Someone said the flower might be Gods way of saying I'm on the right path, and I like the way that sounds.  Might also be why I woke up feeling happy this morning, and slept so well last night.  I am letting go of parts of my past that no longer serve me.  Not with anger or resentment, or even sadness, just acceptance that life is different now, I'm different now, things change.  I am really grateful for that acceptance, it's been quite a process to get there.

So today I'm just being as lazy as possible - it's now 1:30 and I'm on the couch watching episodes of Merlin on Netflix.  I plan to be here most of the day, not leaving the house.  I haven't had a day like this in so long.  Balance is something I've become aware of this past week, needing to find more of it.  Not really a message that is easy to get from outside sources, it's something that life will remind us of though if we're not careful.  And Bella is snoozing right here beside me, always comforting.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment