Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Martyr

Really interesting word, martyr.  Websters says this:  Noun -  A person who makes a great sacrifice for the sake of principle OR A great or constant sufferer.  I've recently been wondering what it is that makes some of us embody this in our own lives, or more to the point, why I embody this.  I have my whole life, and why?  I don't know.  It was recently suggested there is a light side of being a martyr, and a dark side ,,, one where the sacrifice benefits no one and only hurts me.  So that is something for me to ponder and sit with for a while.

Another thing I'm pondering is why I can't get rid of this overwhelming headache today.  No I haven't taken anything, but I tried coffee, that made it worse.  Have drank more water already than I often do all day, not helping.  Peppermint oil on my temples twice now takes the edge off but then it comes back.  Might have to break down and take something. 

Interesting day, much to think about and ponder.  I'ma go ponder now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment