Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Monday, February 25, 2013

Today

We got one helluva snow storm here in Denver yesterday, digging out today.  Wow, a lot of snow ,,, probably got about 8-13" around here, hard to tell with all the drifts. 

Took a little break from my posts, felt like I haven't had much of anything positive to say in a while.  And maybe that's ok, maybe this blog doesn't always need to be positive.  My intent is to be real and honest in this space, partly because it helps me and I suspect that in doing so, I might help someone else one day.  I don't really promote this blog much, I figure if someone lands here they were meant to.  At least that's my take on things for now.

I've been reading (well listening technically) some great books lately, all kind of simultaneously, depending on what resonates with me at the moment and what I feel I need to hear.  Joel Osteen's I Declare, Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now, Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life and Geneen Roth's Women Food and God.  All really great books, beautiful teachers and I do feel I'm absorbing what I need to when I need it.  I have read The Four Agreements several times now, and feel that one requires repetition as well in order to become part of me. 

I've been feeling a little burdened lately, wasn't sure why that was.  My friend Kris suggested it's the burden of just plain feeling, something I probably haven't done much of without numbing myself.  I suspect she is right on target, as it really resonated with me. 

Haven't hit an AA meeting in a couple days, probably need that about now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment