Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

A little history ...

So my background is this ,,, I got my first job at 16, McDonalds.  :-) I needed to work, my father had passed away two years earlier, and while my mom was able to help me get a car I needed to be able to pay for my insurance and have money for gas.  Since that time, I've never stopped working.  I tried community college when I was about 18-19, but I also needed to work full time in order to help my mother make our mortgage payment. So I've waitressed, done clerical work for temp agencies, been an answering service operator, spent hours on my feet in retail and worked for the Coors Brewing Company for 10 years.  I got into the healthcare industry, or the technology side of healthcare, out of a desire to feel like I'm somehow making a difference in the world.  Eleven years later, making over $100k a year, I realized my desire to make a difference had somehow gotten lost in the pursuit of just living the american dream.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the money, I truly liked most of my co-workers and for the last two years I worked from my home ,,, my work life wasn't exactly stressful.  So why leave?  Because while I wasn't stressed or bored, I also had no passion for what I was doing.  I didn't wake up each day, or any day, exhilarated for what was ahead ,,, and this wasn't anyone's fault.  I was simply doing what so many of us end up doing ,,, living the life we fall into instead of the one we wished we had created for ourselves.

So, now I am blessed to have that chance to create the life I want for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment