Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year New Life

Well I guess I need to post more often if this is going to be meaningful.  :-)  So what have I been doing?  I have been getting my new business, as an Independant Consultant for CAbi, off the ground.  CAbi (Carol Anderson by invitation) is a line of fashions that are sold in-home by Consultants like me.  I've been buying these clothes for about 4-5 years now, and loving fashion as much as I do it was a perfect fit.  I think doing this lends itself beautifully to my long term goal of being a personal shopper/stylist too.  Doing in-home shows allows me to A) Have fun (super important to me); B) Wake up each day excited and full of passion for my work; cC) Meet some wonderful new women from all walks of life who I might not meet otherwise.  

I've given myself two years to figure out what I need/want to do in order to financially support myself again.  My plan is to do one thing at a time, but always have a next step ready to execute.  I also believe that destiny plays a part, and will have a hand in what works out and what doesn't.  So for now I am going to put all my energy into CAbi, laying some foundation for the stylist/personal shopper role.  

Is that all I want?  No, I also retired so that my time could be more my own, as I have a desire to write.  I've been told I have a good writing style, and I definitely enjoy doing it.  I think what's holding me back is trying to decide what kind of writing I want to focus on.  Short stories are fun, and at this point in my life there's a lot of material.  To be honest though, I sometimes wonder if I'm being presumptuous that anyone would want to read about my life ,,, I'm no one famous or noteworthy.  Does a writer have to believe that someone wants to read his words before he/she writes them?  I honestly don't know ,,, but I'm going to be exploring that too.  No expectations of fame or fortune (or even being published), just an expression of passion and joy.  One of them anyway ....

No comments:

Post a Comment