Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Thursday, April 25, 2013

Observation

I've had a nice, relaxing and yet productive day so far ,,, made some really good progress with my clothes in the garage that need to be sold.  That alone feels like a giant weight off.  And yet ...

I came in to pay some bills and check out my account online, and found that I have very little money in my checking account until a transfer comes through that I made last night.  And instantly, I'm looking at what's available on my credit cards so I can go buy something, or order something online.  To make me feel better, I'm willing to spend even more money on things I don't need, or even want.  Why do I do that?? 

It was the same with drinking, and is the same today with eating.  Anytime I get uncomfortable, or feel judgemental about myself, my choices and decisions, I want to do something destructive, telling myself ,,,, well I don't know what I'm telling myself.   Or maybe I shut my inner voice down, I just eat/drink/shop to drown it out, make it shut up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment