Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Thursday, March 13, 2014

Deflated

So I finally finished my chapter last weekend, the first actual draft anyway.  I felt so proud of what I had come out with, and sent it off to a few friends to read and give me feedback.  It's more than just some story though, it's MY story, it's me.   It feels so personal when someone critiques it but I asked for feedback, I need to be able to take it or I shouldn't ask for it.  But I have to confess, I'm feeling a little deflated over the whole process now.  Thankfully, the deadline has been extended to the 31st so I have some time.

I am SO excited that the house across the street from me is under contract after being on the market for 3 days, at a price that is really exciting.  I'm feeling so energized at the idea of getting my house ready to sell next year.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my house, but I do NOT love living in Aurora, I just don't.  No idea where I do want to live right now, but that will come in time as well.  I'm excited to move forward, but I will be sad to leave my house.  That house has been, by the far, the happiest home I've had since my father died 38 years ago.  I knew I would live there the minute I walked in, it's like the house was just waiting for me.  Every time I walk in, I feel that sense of "ahhhhhh" like I can exhale, all is well.  I'm sure Milo will be gone by the time I leave, and that will make 3 dogs I've said good bye to in that house, as well as recuperated from cancer, had lots of parties/holiday gatherings in, and so much, much more.  But I have NO doubt that my next home will be just as welcoming and feel just as good ... and who knows, maybe I won't be there by myself. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment