Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Friday, March 28, 2014

Book chapter

My book chapter is done, and I feel SO good about it!!  I finished it last night, sent it to the compiler (like a project manager) for review.  I thought I felt good about what I wrote the first go round, but this is totally different and, in my opinion, truly good, profoundly meaningful.  I felt last night, and still feel this morning, an energy that is new to me.  It feels calm & peaceful, but at the same time like something is about to explode, in a good way.  Like there's something just under the surface that is waiting to get out.  I'm feeling very excited and energized!!

Nails are completely off, learning to type again with my own fingertips.  I'm loving it ,,, there's a whole list of things I haven't been able to do well for years now with those fingernails on.  And here's the thing I've discovered once I got them off -- I wore them for decades because in my opinion my hands were ugly without them.  I formed that opinion at a time in my life when I was pretty full of self loathing, and in all these years I never thought to question it.  So once I got them all off last week, I realized I really like my own hands, just like they are.  I'd say that means all my self-work in the last year has made an impact on me.  Self acceptance is so amazing, such a gift ... life changing.

I'm excited about tomorrow, I'm going to something called I Can Do It, an all day conference with many motivational speakers and authors with Hay House Publishing, started by Louise Hay.  I actually get to see Louise, and several others whose books I've read and learned so much from.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment