Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Monday, January 21, 2013

Decompressed today ...

Last night I decided to take today "off" ,,, I went for a long drive up into the mountains of beautiful Colorado.  It was really awesome ,,, the day was gorgeous and sunny, not freezing but not overly warm.  Clear and so beautiful, snow capped mountains all around.  I finished two audiobooks and started a third.  It was just the kind of quiet reflective time I needed, all to myself, even turned my phone off.  Hips and butt are killing me now, but tomorrow it's off to the gym. 

Today is 15 days sober and physically it feels better every day, emotionally it's harder.  I used to fill this empty spot inside of me with booze, or food, or shopping.  And when you're used to filling that hole with something and decide you're not going to do that anymore, it makes for a little irritation and a sense of antsiness (pretty sure that's not a real word lol).

Not feeling especially expressive today, still lost in my thoughts.  More tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment