Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wednesday

Things seem momentarily calm around my house and life today. My dog, Milo, has had two nights of not throwing up which is a beautiful thing. I am on day 17 of being sober and the physical longing for booze is a little easier now. The emotional emptiness that I used alcohol to try and fill is still here, not doing anything in particular about it. Just observing it, not pretending it's not there and remembering that "the answer to the pain is in the pain".

Having quiet peaceful time at home to myself is good right now.  I could be filling my time with activities, but that feels a little like trying to avoid what's happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment