Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sobriety sucks

Day 22 ,,, kinda feels like I'm going crazy. I'm agitated, irritated, anxious and frankly pissed off. At what specifically I can't say.  I can't handle noise right now, even music feels like nails on a chalkboard.  I have no idea how to deal with all these feelings ,,, it just hit me. Without stuffing things down under a haze of booze, it feels like too many emotions are hitting me at one time. Guilt, regret, sadness, gratitude, love, joy, anger, frustration. It's sensory overload. I'm doing kind of a OCD thing too ,,, been watching the first season of Fringe on DVD and I just want to keep watching it over and over. Can't stop thinking about it, about the characters.  I feel a little like I'm going crazy, but I also feel more alive than I've felt in a long time. Not saying that's necessarily good, but it's not all bad either. Probably not making much sense right now.

My dog Milo, who has advancing kidney disease and was supposed to be dead a year ago, hasnt been feeling well. He had a rough couple of days over the weekend, saw the vet today to get him a shot of anti-nausea meds. Was on alert for him throwing up his food all day, worried for him. Kind of feels like worry and anxiety is all I was about today. Didn't exercise, despite being determined to do so this morning. I feel a sense of foreboding about Milo, but having a hard time determining if that's necessary or just what I'm going through right now. My cursor is doing something weird now, great.


No comments:

Post a Comment