Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Saturday, January 26, 2013

Good weekend so far

I had a realization today that the true potential of my life could never have been realized while I was drinking. That everything has been waiting for me to understand I needed to stop drinking. Not just for my health, although that's crucial. But for me to feel, know, understand, comprehend, create my true life, the life I was destined to live. Yes I know, that all sounds a little "out there", but writing it here makes it feel even more truthful.

This is day 20 of my sobriety and it feels pretty good. I can't remember if I've gone this long any time previously but if I did it would only have been once. I don't think I realized I felt powerless over my drinking until now, as not drinking is giving me a sense of strength and power.

I am refusing to let myself feel overwhelmed by everything I need to be focusing on or doing. There's staying sober, changing my diet, remembering all my supplements, schoolwork that I'm way behind on, a business that I need to get up and running, friendships that I'm neglecting, needing to exercise, etc.   All of that will happen ,,, or it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment