Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Monday, April 28, 2014

Music

Taking a break from my audiobooks today and listening to music.  Crazy how a song can take you right back into a mood, an emotion or a memory and just as quick as it's over and another song/memory/emotion comes on, you're off into that experience.  I love how music, like scents with me, can instantly transport me right to a memory.  I feel, smell, hear as if I was there again, with those people, in that place, in that moment of time.  Music also has the ability to draw me into something ahead of me, a feeling that I know is not a memory, but rather of a moment that I hope is to come, a feeling I would love to have, a memory I look forward to making.

Totally random thought, but whenever I watch tv shows or movies that are about some future holocaust where electricity on our planet is gone, all I can think about is that means there's no music. Man, that would be a VERY bleak future in my opinion.  I'm just so thankful for all the beautiful melodies there are to listen to, to inspire my soul and daydreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment