Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Monday, April 14, 2014

What I know

So after a week and weekend of intense closet purging, purging some limiting beliefs, bike riding, dog walking and seeing old friends,  here's a few things that I know for sure (aka things I believe):

1.  Owning far more than we need or can ever use is not healthy
2.  Trying to fill our spiritual emptiness with things like clothes or other addictions is futile.
3.  Once I started filling that hole inside myself with a belief in my higher power, aka God, I stopped feeling such a sense of lack in my life.
4.  I have some work to do with the emotion of anger ... recognizing it, processing it, letting it go.
5.  Fear about the future is nothing but paralyzing, it serves no value or purpose.
6.  I need to get padded bike shorts (ouch)
7.  I'd rather spend time walking in nature with just my dogs than with 95% of the people in this world.
8.  Friendships wax and wane, like any other relationship.  Even ones which have existed for decades can change or even fade, but the love remains, regardless.
9.  Cold and snow after days of temps in the 70's kinda sucks.

That is all ... for now

No comments:

Post a Comment