Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I feel so alone

This is a poem I wrote about a year ago, and it's one of my favorites:



I feel so alone, but am I?
Spinning, drowning, aimless and adrift 
No sense of purpose, but is that the gift?

Who I once was, is she no longer here?
Can I accept what is now, walk through this fear?

At times my life feels empty,
And so riddled with doubt 
This new me…
I don't know, what is she all about?

All alone in my head
My soul cries out for reasons.
All the questions, never ending,
Like what my purpose for being is. 

Faith, I have plenty
A bigger plan I know is in store. 
I don't regret what's been asked,
But must there always be more? 

A purpose and direction are what I now seek, 
A new compass, a focus, 
To feel my heart wildly beat.

My soul, my spirit,
Am I them, are they me?

I feel so alone, but am I...truly?

No comments:

Post a Comment