Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dillon

Just back earlier today from a weekend at Lake Dillon, up in the Rockies about 90 minutes from Denver.  Eight sober women in recovery, guests of my friend E at her family's condo.  Some of us knew each other well, some not at all.  E did a great job of picking the women and creating the vibe, we got along beautifully and seemed to really enjoy each others' company.  For me, it was not the first girls' getaway I've done, but it was the first one in sobriety with other sober women.  I truly had a great time, laughed hysterically & often, slept horribly, relaxed, walked a lot, shopped a little, thoroughly enjoyed the mountains and the beautiful weather, ate food that was good for me and some that wasn't (including my FAVORITE girl scout cookies, Samoa's.  Thanks E), shared some of my story & my life, listened to other people's stories, got closer to a few of the women and got to know all of them better.

Here's what I realized last night though, and this is what really set this weekend apart from any other girls trip I've taken.  There wasn't one moment where I wanted desperately to be home alone, I wasn't counting the hours until I could leave and get back to "being me" and I never felt like the odd man out, different, separate.  And never once did I feel like I was being someone I had to be ... I was simply being me, as comfortable in my own skin as I am able to be right now.

Here's a couple pictures of the lake, taken from the condo we stayed in:
This was Friday night, Saturday was a full moon.  I thought the moon over the lake and the clouds was so beautiful.
And this was this morning, before we left to head back to town.  It was such a gorgeous morning up there, perfect in every way.

I feel very blessed to have been included, blessed to know these women and most of all, blessed to be on this amazing, incredible, painful, beautiful and totally life-changing journey.

AND, when I got back I had two packages waiting for me.  One is a pair of shoes I've been lusting over for months and finally found them, on sale!  The other box had my essential oil order, which included one of the hormonal supplements I've been waiting for.  Although hot flashes weren't actually too bad this weekend, I'm hopeful this will help get rid of them completely, along with the other oils I'm using.

Hope you had a blessed weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment