Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Title: Untitled

I've gotten away from posting here again, it's been an odd couple of weeks.  I've been feeling so aimless and adrift again, kind of lost in my own head without a clear direction.  I always wonder if everyone feels like this as much as I do, or if it's because of something within me, maybe part of my recovery from a lifetime of drinking instead of feeling.

Anyway, I haven't been feeling very good physically again.  Having more of the ongoing gut issues that plague a colon-cancer survivor, and that affects every other area of my body, including brain function.  I feel like mentally I am about half-here lately, it's kind of frustrating.  Hormones are kind of all over the place and probably will be for a while.  But I'm excited about a new healer that I've been turned onto who uses the practice of Healing Touch.  I'll share more once I've met with her, and that's coming up in the next two weeks.   I believe, and I touched on this somewhat in In Pursuit of The Divine, that our physical issues are a result of unresolved emotional trauma, and I've had a bit of that (sarcastic).

In the meantime, I'm pushing through my fog and finishing up some homework for my life coaching. Coming up with an essence statement, who am I and what is my purpose.  It might sound easy, and possibly for some it is, but it's been difficult for me.  Almost like another rebirth, similar to how it felt when I was writing my book chapter.  I keep feeling myself distracted, wanting to go do other things.

And I'm really missing Milo again lately.  He wasn't a noisy dog per se, but he had such a presence that my house feels uncomfortably quiet without him here.

I told my life coach last week that I'd do something this week that exhilarates me ,,, excites & scares me at the same time (that's how I define exhilaration).  Still haven't quite figured out what that is, but I've been very willing to think about it.  That counts, right? ;-)

Be well peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment