Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Thursday, July 3, 2014

Post-YL Convention

Haven't posted since before my trip to Salt Lake last week, it was a very busy week.

I drove to SLC Monday the 23rd - I keep thinking that trip is only about 8-9 hours but it's really more like 11.  Uneventful trip out there, which is always good.  Enjoyed the solitude of the drive though, listening to the latest adventures of Jamie & Claire (aka the Outlander series of books), letting my mind wander and loving the freedom of making as many bathroom stops as I wanted to without comment from a companion (I pee a LOT).  :-)

The convention itself was good, and I learned a few things, although not as much as last year.  Probably more because I was just an empty bucket when I went last year,  in need of so much information that it all felt new and helpful.  But it was GREAT to see two dear friends who I went to Health Coaching school with, although we never got a picture of the three of us. :-(

I'm still absorbing what I learned from Dr. LeAnne Deardeuff, whom I had a consult with while there on ways to treat some of the ongoing cancer/surgery/chemo-related issues I still deal with.  She had some helpful suggestions, several of which I have ordered the supplies to implement, and a couple I know won't work for me.  She also had some suggestions on how to get my hormones in balance.

Now I'm back, and feeling it's time to get a little more committed to putting together a career out of what's happened to me over the last 3 years.  I'm so thankful to be working with Kami, my life coach, who is helping me peel away the layers so I can focus on what's important and real.  I think I'm getting a little closer, and starting to feel some focus & clarity.  I will be interviewing and hiring a virtual assistant to help me with some of the technology issues that intimidate and overwhelm me, because that's keeping me from taking any steps forward.

I want to write and get paid for it.  I want to help other women listen to their own inner voices and hear their heart speak to them, as I have/am learning to do.  I want to be a healer, I know I have that in me, just not 100% sure what that looks like, but I'm starting to see it.  God is guiding me, that I know for sure.

That's it for now, more very soon.  I woke up with an epiphany this morning that feels life changing, and exhilarating!

Hugs to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment