Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Entitlement

So I just have to share my observation ,,, at the bottom of the highway offramp I take to get home, there are always people asking for monetary assistance.  I drive a nice car, which is paid for and I bought it used ,,, nevertheless, when some people see my car approaching, they stand there with their sign, staring at me.  As if to say "you have a nice car, you must have money, please give me some", which I sometimes do, without judgement or criticism.  But when I get these looks, as I did today, like "you should be ashamed you didn't give me money", it gets on my nerves.  And this look from a man who doesn't look disabled in any way, had on new-looking, well-fitting, clean clothes, good shoes, nice sunglasses, etc.  What the hell??!!


No comments:

Post a Comment