Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Thursday, May 15, 2014

Grateful

It's amazing how, with just a little prayer and staying focused, our attitude can shift so quickly from feelings of being overwhelmed by life to just pure gratitude for what life is at this moment, right now.  That's where I am today.  And one way I get here, in addition to or maybe because of surrender and prayer, is to recognize that any pressure I'm feeling is self-imposed.  Wow, what a relief!!

I truly have so very much to be grateful for!  What a blessing it is that I have the life I have, that money isn't a constant struggle, that I can take this time to become the woman God intended me to be.  Sometimes I feel guilty that money isn't a struggle for me right now, and sometimes I get downright panicky when I think about my future and money, how is all this going to come together and work out?!  And that panic and fear can be overwhelming, and it actually keeps me from seeing what I DO have, how great things ARE, right now!  Fear of the future can keep us being, and staying, present, in the moment.  Guilt, panic and fear don't serve anyone, they don't make one single thing better and they don't move us forward ... I wrote yesterday (or whenever that was lol) about feeling stagnant.  With today's clarity and 20/20 hindsight, I am seeing that those feelings were largely due to losing sight of the present moment, forsaking it in favor of worrying about the future and not seeing how far I HAVE come and how much I AM doing.

I am 51 years of age, and I have never, not once ever, NOT had everything I need to be just fine.  I've had air to breathe, food to eat and water to drink, relationships to learn and grow from, animals to love and be loved by, a roof over my head, a car to drive with gas in it, warm clean clothes to wear ... the list actually goes on and on ad infinitum.  There is no evidence to suggest, to even hint, that this won't always be the case - and for this, I am so very grateful and thankful, I am so blessed!  I am going to work on living more in the present, seeing all that I'm already blessed with and giving more back.  As I told someone else yesterday (need to listen to my own words),  when we give love we get love, when we give acceptance we are accepted, and so on.

Ok, now I need to do something more productive!!  lol, just kidding.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment