Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Welcome!

I started this blog in 2010 as I began the process of figuring out how to have a more passion-filled life, leaving my corporate job in search of something more fulfilling. It felt like a giant push on my life's restart button and I wanted to share my journey. The road on that journey has taken a few unforeseen twists and turns, first colon cancer then recovering from alcoholism. The journey continues, I hope you'll join me from time to time as I share my travels to that passion-filled life that still calls to me.



Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Menopause The Poem

I wrote this about two years ago, well I started it then, just finished it recently.  Things are much better now, but this describes some of the craziness I was feeling after arriving at menopause surgically due to colon cancer and chemotherapy.  Maybe some of you can relate.  :-)

Menopause The Poem

Menopause menopause, what can I say,
You have changed my life in so many ways.
I used to be so cool, calm and collected,
Now I’m all sweaty and my hair looks neglected.

Some things are itchy, others are dry,
Sadly my libido has sailed away, gone bye-bye.
One minute I am crying, so full of sadness, 
The next in a rage, gripped by pure madness! 

My memory is shot, have you and I met?
I’ve known you for years?  Damn, how could I forget! 
So I spit in a tube, have a lot of blood taken,
From this sweaty nightmare I will soon awaken. 

Now slap on some hormone creams ,,, one, two and three,
Ahhhh here it comes, my return to sanity. 
Starting to remember more names, faces and dates,
But when I go for a walk, do I need a bike or skates?

To those who are young, this is all so mysterious,
And men - forget it, they’re not even curious. 
Our baby making days are over and done,
But now, whoa boy, we can really have fun! 

Don’t let society tell us we’re through,
Now is our moment, time to live life anew.
Self discovery, new passions, find a four-leaf clover, 
Let me assure you, our life is far from over. 

Sisters, we go deeper than just our ability to mother,
Our true strength resides within us, not within another. 
It is finally our time and we will be silenced no more, 

We are fierce women, let the world hear us roar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment